Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Michael And The Dragon

Michael and the Dragon

This poem has an ABAB-CC rhyme scheme
and is iambic pentameter.


#1
They met upon an earthly battleground
Between hell and the great city of God
No men nor creatures there were to be found
They had no shields their feet with nothing shod

The angel faced the dragon all alone
The dragon bronze with steel he had for bone

#2
For this was not an ordinary beast
Nor like the other dragons men had fought
For this dragon was Satan at the least
And at the most all evil had begot

There was no other dragon like this one
Could fly to heaven and swallow the sun

#3
The battle started when the dragon roared
And leaned his foul head back to take a breath
Then breathed his fire at the angels sword
That the divine held between him and death

The angel then leaped forward with a shout
And struck the dragon hard upon his snout

#4
So then the mad beast whipped around his tail
Thinking that he would strike the divine down
But the angel was strong and not so frail
To let the dragon take him as a pawn

Mean while the angel upon the ground laid
To trick the dragon and his weakness jade

#5
The dragon thinking the angel was dead
Approached him then to see if it were true
The angel then slowly turning his head
Then struck the dragon on his face anew

This time he cut the dragon neath his chin
Which made the dragon fierce with rage again

#6
So he breathed out more fire at the angel
Who blocked the flames with his sword as before
Reflecting back the fire at such angle
To burn the dragons chin already sore

The beast stepped back roaring in his pain
Knowing full well the angel had the gain

#7
The dragon spoke "Would'st thou O angel take
Away my life with just thy tiny sword?
When'er I stomp my feet the earth doth quake
Of earth and hell I am the only Lord

Fall on thy knees and I will spare thy life
If not I'll burn thee and thy tiny knife".

#8
The divine answered "O thou beast from hell
Prepare to die within thine own hot flames
I am the Archangel known as Michael
I know thy weakness and I know thy games

I've fought thee before and I let thee live
Save this time death to thee his sting shall give".

#9

I will add more later.



Angel De Fuego copyright 2002

No comments: