Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Two Excerpts From The Songs Of God

From Sonnets From The Songs Of God

These first two of seven sonnets have an
ABCDEFFEDCBA- GG
rhyme scheme and were written in 2007
by Angel De Fuego.



1
While I was yet alone you came to me
With hopeful hinting of your creation
Such a wonder that you started living
The moment I first set my mind on you
And not that I could be caught by surprise
But the sight of you took my breath away
So I gave you my blessing on that day
Then wiped the tears of gladness from my eyes
To see your beautiful and perfect view
Standing there before me unforgiving
Life that I created for relation
To be at my side for eternity

Ere you were living I had to believe
That you in me wanted also to live

2
I had no beginning and always am
And you can't understand in terms of time
That moment I have spent without your love
Save that to say it's an eternity
A waiting I have longed to do without
Though patiently for you I sit and wait
Ignoring the rejection you create
For my love that you mostly shun and doubt
With no regard for you and less for me
And that you are alive still does not prove
To you I am alive save in this rhyme
Or just some Santa Claus or Uncle Sam

But when you love me with such joy am I
To see no wrong in you through blinded eye

Angel De Fuego
copyright 2007

No comments: